Open Studio Pilates:
Sleek, Urban, Downtown Studio
Specializing in Mindful & Challenging Group Reformer Classes
Get Started for $99!
START YOUR PILATES JOURNEY WITH INTENTION; if you can see it, you can be it! Located in the North Village Arts District of beautiful downtown Columbia, Open Studio Pilates is passionate about helping you create the person you want to be—strong, flexible, and BALANCED in body, mind and spirit.
Joseph Pilates created his unique method of exercise for everyone to enjoy. At Open Studio Pilates, we honor these beliefs—focusing on mindful and challenging group reformer classes. Small classes, of up to 6 clients, keeps pilates affordable without sacrificing individual attention. While group reformer is the studio’s focus, private sessions utilizing the reformer, tower, wunda chair, ladder barrel, arc, etc. are also offered—as well as “open studio” hours for experienced clients to practice skills or create their own workouts.
All classes are taught by Open Studio Pilates’ founder and owner, Laura Detert, PMA®-CPT. Laura is a qualified instructor of comprehensive pilates by Balanced Body and a Certified Pilates Instructor by the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA).
Experience the Open Studio Pilates difference:
- All classes taught by by PMA® certified studio owner—no part-timers or apprentices.
- Holistic approach focuses on truly being present in your practice with a meditative warm-up and cool-down—melded with constant, mindful, flow throughout.
- Challenging workouts are theme-focused and change weekly, to keep your practice ever-moving forward.
- Liberal prop usage: jumpboards, arcs, magic circles, balls, cushions, rollers, dowels, straps, leg-springs, spike-cushions, small balls, Foot-Wakers, etc.
- Regularly scheduled classes: Tuesdays thru Saturdays—8:00, 9:00, 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. (See link to MindBody online scheduler, for specific days and times).
- Immaculately maintained modern studio with high-ceilings, sky-light, and FREE PARKING!
"In 10 sessions, you will feel the difference,
In 20 sessions, you will see the difference,
In 30 sessions, you will have a whole new body."
—Joseph H. Pilates